Am 16.04.2021 um 08:36 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
On 16.04.21 07:05, Fred Engst wrote:

It would be great also if I can save text into the notes page using a
scrip.

Good point. Again, it seems to be GUI only indeed. It's a slightly
different issue though, as nicely described by your use case. Maybe you
want to turn this into a feature request on the sourceforge tracker.

BTW, I'm not saying that this solves your problem, but it may be
interesting nonetheless:

The gretl session file is actually a zipped archive which contains
various files, among which "session.xml". Anything that is entered in
the session icon view in the "Notes" icon would show up in that xml file
inside the <notes></notes> tag.

So in principle one could "inject" notes into an existing session file
programmatically, by using a shell script that unzips, handles the xml
file, and re-zips. (In theory, untested.)

cheers

sven