From: Allin Cottrell <cottr...@wfu.edu>
Date: Friday, 4 November 2022 at 12:01 am
To: Gretl list <gretl-users@gretlml.univpm.it>
Subject: [Gretl-users] Re: Installation failed
On Wed, 2 Nov 2022, Fazeel Jaleel wrote:

> My MacBook specifications are as follows:
>
> Processor: 2.6GHz Intel Core i7 6-Core Memory: 16GB
> MacOS: Ventura 13.0
>
> The Gretl was working fine until I attempted to instal the new
> version. I remember accidentally clicking the NO button when it
> asked "gretl try to access your download folder" to instal, and then
> the installation failed message appeared. Since then, every time I
> try to instal including the previous version, the same failed to
> instal message appears.

I'm not sure what's going wrong here, but here are a few thoughts.

* Just in case there's any doubt: since you have an Intel-powered Mac
you need the macos-intel gretl package (not the macos-arm64 one).

* If you see anything at /Applications/Gretl in the Finder, delete it,
since it could be getting in the way of the installer.

* Try re-downloading the package to be sure the installer is not
corrupted. For example, for the current release you can get

http://users.wfu.edu/cottrell/gretl/gretl-macos-intel.pkg

* Go to System Settings (which replaces System Preferences on
Ventura), the Privacy and Security item, and take a look for any
setting that might be blocking the gretl installer.

Question for others: Can any Mac users comment on installing gretl on
Ventura?

Allin Cottrell