I tried to do this, but gxditview was not on my system (Crostini on a
Chromebook = Debian 11 (bullseye).

So I compiled again from source, making sure --with-x was added to
configure -- but although the configure output said that x libraries were
found, gxditview was not built.

One other little glitch: the configure script said that "ln -s" does not
work, so the Makefile tried to use "ln" - which caused an error when I
tried to build. I had to manually amend the Makefile to use "ln -s" instead.

--
Robert Goulding
Director, John J. Reilly Center for Science, Technology, and Values;