Hello Robert Thorsby,

thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my email.

Can you be more specific about how the proposed change renders your
documents and tooling unworkable? I'm genuinely curious.
Providing a minimal working example would be quite helpful.

Maybe you'd also like to share your understanding as to "why such
'fault' occurs" or share pointers to where an answer could be found.

As Dave Kemper pointed out section 5.15 Line Layout of the info page
features a "drawing show[ing] the dimensions that gtroff uses for
placing a line of output onto the page", yet the only dimensions
documented in said section are: po, in, and ll; whereas the .tl and .lt
requests are documented in section 5.17 Page Layout.
But neither seem to provide an explanation as to why .lt defaults to
6.5i and should be kept that way.
Mind going into more detail which parts of the documentation
exactly you were referring to and how they explain your disapproval to
the proposed change?

Best
Alexis