On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 1:29 PM G. Branden Robinson
<g.branden.robin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (I've been slowly accumulating evidence that, for basic editing
> operations, vi _really is_ more keystroke-efficient than Emacs,

Not just in requiring fewer keystrokes, but in the ergonomics of them
too:  (1) It requires fewer key combinations.  Two keys in sequence
are easier to type than two in tandem.  (2) Aside from the escape key,
almost everything in vi can be done with the typewriter part of the
keyboard.  Your fingers needn't even leave the home row to move the
cursor.

>        -i     Render oblique‐styled fonts (I and BI) with the SGR
>               attribute for italic text rather than underlined text.
>               Many terminals don’t support this attribute; however,
>               xterm(1), since patch #314 (2014‐12‐28), does.

This also depends on whether you define "support" as merely doing
something with the SGR attribute, or specifically doing something that
looks italicky.  Is the simple act of recognizing the SGR attribute
and modifying the affected output in some manner enough to say you
"support" it?  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55278#comment1