On 6/20/14, 6:23 AM, Nidhi Katyal wrote:
Hi all,

I have created hydrogen bond existence map. In the index file generated
using hbn option I can see following lines at the end:
    1      2   1598
       1      2   1851
       1      2   1852
       1      2   1862
      10     11   1643
      10     11   1651
      10     11   1658
      10     11   1664
      10     11   1682
      10     11   1748
      10     11   1754
      10     11   1761
      10     11   1762
      10     11   1772
      10     11   1830
      10     11   1831
      10     11   1838
      10     11   1851
      10     11   1862

There are 19 lines in total and also in the existence map created using hbm
option, I could see 19 lines. But when I generate index file with a2 and
calculate hydrogen bond with my ligand moleules, I can see zero bonds. Am I
doing something wrong?

You can't calculate hydrogen bonds with a single atom. The donor-acceptor distance is used as part of the criteria. The output indicates that atoms 1 and 2 serve as the donor, and 1598 etc. are the acceptors. To analyze hydrogen bonds of a specific group, you need the donor and associated H in a single group.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy