The error is due to this change [1]

While we could modify and rebuild postgresql-rum we don't know what else
people might have built against that which is not in the Archive.

This applies only to branches 11 (not yet released, so ok) and 10
(Bionic/Cosmic)

My suggestion would be to carry a revert of this change as it is not
SRU-able in my opinion.

I thought more about the other change [2] and I must say after
considering it more I also think it is a break of the SRU promises. So
I'll suggest adding a revert of that to our streams of 9.5 and 10 that
are in active releases.

[1]:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=b2e754c14e2741a076691e8c6f0099afffaa842e
[2]: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=c09daa910

** Changed in: pg-partman (Ubuntu Cosmic)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  New upstream microreleases 9.5.16, 10.7 and 11.2

Status in pg-partman package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pg-repack package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in postgresql-10 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in postgresql-11 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in postgresql-9.5 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in postgresql-plproxy package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in postgresql-rum package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in skytools3 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in postgresql-9.5 source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in skytools3 source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in pg-repack source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-10 source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-plproxy source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-rum source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in pg-partman source package in Cosmic:
  Invalid
Status in pg-repack source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-10 source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-plproxy source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in postgresql-rum source package in Cosmic:
  New
Status in postgresql-11 source package in Disco:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Current versions in supported releases:
   postgresql-9.3 | 9.3.23-0ubuntu0.14.04 trusty <- no upstream updates anymore
   postgresql-9.5 | 9.5.14-0ubuntu0.16.04 xenial
   postgresql-10 | 10.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 bionic
   postgresql-10 | 10.6-0ubuntu0.18.10.1 cosmic

  Special cases:
  - Disco will be synced from Debian soon (we are on 11.1-2)
  - This is again a security update, so we prep and security will eval and
publish through -security

  Last relevant related stable updates: 9.5.16, 10.7

  So the todo is to pick:
  MRE: Xenial 9.5.14 from
https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v9.5.16/postgresql-9.5.16.tar.gz
  MRE: Bionic/Cosmic 10.7   from
https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v10.7/postgresql-10.7.tar.gz

  Standing MRE - Consider last updates as template:
  - pad.lv/1637236
  - pad.lv/1664478
  - pad.lv/1690730
  - pad.lv/1713979
  - pad.lv/1730661
  - pad.lv/1747676
  - pad.lv/1752271
  - pad.lv/1786938
  New - this bug
  - pad.lv/1815665

  As usual we test and prep from the PPA and then push through
  SRU/Security as applicable.

  Regression potential:
  - usually this works smoothly, but this time there is a change worth to
    mention for the SRU team. There is a change in all branches like [1]
    I agree with the change - it is right to fix the FE/BE protocol, the
    only thing that should be affected are testcases like the ones I found.
    So maybe some CIs (checking expected vs actual output) might break and
    logs might increase (now tracking formerly ignored errors), but
    not more.

  Note: opening private as it is not yet announced
  Public announce will on thursday.

  [1]:
  https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=c09daa910