Hi,

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 04:39:56PM +0000, Smith, Donald wrote:
> This discusses neighboring networks, and local scope, so one would assume in
> most cases these are directly connected peers (or not many hops away), I
> think the security section should recommend use of GTSM on such sessions.
>
> Then it can't easily be spoofed outside of the local network.

While the general recommendation is valid, I'm not seeing why it is
particularily relevant to this draft - whether or not a neighbouring
BGP session is using a well-defined or privately-agreed code point to
signal BGP black holing makes no difference wrt to attacking the local
TCP session...  (assuming that the "privately-agreed" code point is
in fact publicly documented in an IRRdb, which they usually are).

Adding a general reference to BGP security best practices won't hurt,
of course - 7454 comes to mind (which among others recommends GTSM).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279