Sriram,

I am not agains uRPF at all.
I am just saying that i can't imagine many environments that can take
benefits from source based RTBH.

Regards


On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed)
<[email protected]> wrote:
>>I am not sure if anyone would ever deploy such mechanism.
>>For contents it's useless as they have to filter DDoSes before they reach 
>>their network.
>>For carriers is poorly scalable as they'd have to configure thousands of 
>>prefixes.
>>It could make sense for eyeballs but they hardly would drop all the traffic
>>from their customers even if they're participating in a DDoS
>>(also note that inbound customer traffic is rarely an issue for eyeballs)
>
> Marco,
>
> Can you please clarify for me the following?
> 1. Are your comments directed at uRPF (BCP-84) in general?
> 2. If not, are they directed specifically at strict or feasible-path uRPF?
>
> Once I get clarity into that I think I can better address your concerns.
>
> Thanks.
> Sriram
>
>



-- 
Marco

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

Reply via email to