Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed) wrote:
>> right, ok - I misunderstood.  So you're suggesting that the control
>> plane correlates asns to interfaces and does something like
>> creating a higher cost alternative path out each candidate source
>> interface (based on ASN, as determined in the control plane) to
>> allow the urpf mechanism handle this using its normal lookup
>> method?
> 
> Yes, that is correct.

I can't help feeling that the use case looks a bit contrived.  The sort
of situations that could benefit from urpf that I've seen on production
networks don't generally involve inconsistent prefix sets being
announced via different connectivity providers, where there is a
requirement for urpf away from the leaf network.

If it's any help, the most usual situation where urpf would be handy but
can't be done, is where you have an interface facing an upstream and you
want to receive prefixes (and send traffic) via that interface but not
announce anything (or receive traffic).

Nick

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

Reply via email to