Pre-emptive top-post in case anyone mistakes the technique proposed: This
will NOT be implemented via communities.

The proposal is for a NEW optional transitive attribute.

If any operators can answer the original question, this will be very
helpful. Thank you in advance to any and all operators.

Reminder on optional+transitive logic
- If the attribute is not understood/implemented/enabled, the attribute is
passed unmodified.
- If it is understood & implemented & enabled, behavior is subject to the
applicable standards.
- Thus, optional transitives are "opt-in", by definition.

The proposal itself is an IDR WG I-D, and as such not finalized; input here
is definitely helpful in reaching consensus, understanding requirements,
etc.

Brian