> On Apr 19, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) <aret...@cisco.com>
> wrote:
>
> My bigger issue with 9.1.1 is that it is the first step of the decision
> process – the intent, as I understand it, is for the routes not to even reach
> that point.

I’m not in agreement here as it’s well within the power of an implementation to
provide a knob to circumvent these safety knobs.  We can’t have people
pretending it’s the early 90s anymore.  We must have safe implementations and
defaults.

Are you saying that IOS-XR is non-compliant with 9.1.1 because it does not have
“bgp unsafe-ebgp-policy” as the default?  At what point does the Cisco
implementation make that decision?

We seem to be triangulating on where in the exact decision process people are
considering a route feasible or ineligible, can you speak to your
implementation?  That may provide guidance in documenting the IOS-XR practice.

- Jared