Hi all,

On 10 Oct 2017 5:50 pm, Jay Borkenhagen <j...@braeburn.org> wrote:
Job Snijders writes:
 > > The LOCAL_PREF choice here is a simple thing -- don't make it more
 > > complicated than it needs to be.
 > >
 > > Job's suggested text says all that's necessary:
 > >
 > >     "The LOCAL_PREF value SHOULD be lower than any of the alternative
 > >     paths.  Zero being the lowest value, it MAY be used whichever
 > >     LOCAL_PREF values are used by the AS."
 >
 > The above comes from Bruno's hand, I actually proposed the following:
 >
 >     "The LOCAL_PREF value SHOULD be lower than any of the
 >     alternative paths. It is RECOMMEND to use 0, the lowest LOCAL_PREF
 >     value."
 >
 > Kind regards,
 >
 > Job

Sorry for my mis-citing / mis-quoting.  Let me try my hand:

 The LOCAL_PREF value SHOULD be lower than any of the alternative
 paths.  The RECOMMENDED value is 0.

That formulation gets my vote. If operators have a good reason to deviate from
the recommendation, they will know that without it being pointed out in the
document.

Thanks.

                                                Jay B.

Cheers,