My original response might have not been that clear with regards to adding a
new INFO TLV to indicate support of sending inactive NLRI's that are in
conflict with another routing protocol.  Some implementations do not have an
option to be so flexible, so they may only support one or the other.  By
indicating the intent to the BMP receiver, we enable the receiver to handle the
updates correctly. IMO, it would be ideal if the BMP sender can advertise and
indicate in a peer header flag that **all** NLRI's in the RM BGP UPDATE are in
conflict due to another routing protocol with a better preference.

What I suggest is a new INFO TLV in the PEER UP to indicate:

(a) the BMP local rib will include rib-failure NRLI's with a peer flag
indicating not-used due to another routing protocol/direct/static,
(b) will not send rib-failure NLRI's,
(c) will send rib-failure NLRI's but will not support the peer flag

If the PEER UP doesn't include this INFO_TLV, it'll be treated as (c).

Thanks,
Tim

On 10/11/18, 2:33 PM, "GROW on behalf of Tim Evens (tievens)"