Dear authors of this draft,

Please kindly clarify why vpn traffic engineering requires any extensions
to BMP ? The only justification I found in your draft is following:

"   All in all, it's more efficient to collect the MPLS VPN label
   independently than extracting it from VPNv4 routes."

I would challenge if it is indeed more efficient to upgrade 100s of PEs,
add completely new functionality to current bmp code and then split in some
implmentations very limited number of bmp sessions out of those PEs into
multiple controllers/monitoring tools as opposed to simply parse vpnv4
updates on x86 controller.

VPN labels along with routes and next hops can be learned by your traffic
engineering controller  over vpnv4 sessions since it already needs to speak
vpnv4 SAFI anyway to advertise the "engineered" routes back to the network
devices.

It can advertise it with higher local preference to enforce his routes to
be used as alternative reachability information which could be already
present for example via traditional route reflection.

Besides these days to get any information from a router BGP-LS SAFI is
targetted so I am highly puzzled what triggered idea of now start extending
BMP with similar objectives.

Regards,
RR.