Earlier in this thread, there was discussion about some measurements that were
shared  (by Jared, Warren, myself).
Jeff's suggestion: why don't we list all routes with AS_SET in addition to the
stats.
Now we have a detailed analysis (thanks once again to Lilia Hannachi my
colleague at NIST):
https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2019/10/23/detailed-as_set-analysis.txt

The analysis includes the following:
1. Summary stats
2. List of ASes (AGGREGATORs) Ranked according to # Routes with AS_SET
(including the organization name of the AGGREGATOR)
3. List of routes with AS_SET that seem meaningless or malformed.
4. List of routes with AS_SET that seem meaningful.
3. List of all routes with AS_SET (listed per AGGREGATOR)

The summary stats are copied here, but please see other details at the link
provided.

AS_SET ANALYSIS (OREGON 2019-10-03:00)
The Routeviews OREGON collector peers with 43 ASes.

Summary stats:

        Total # Updates : 30052331
        # Updates with AS_SET : 14348
        Percentage of Updates with AS_SET : 0.048%
        # Total # ASes (globally) : 66205
        # ASes that create Updates with AS_SET : 144
        % ASes that create Updates with AS_SET : 0.218%

        # Routes with AS_SET (after eliminating AS path redundancy): 477
        Explanation: These are routes with unique {prefix, AS_SET, 1st AS after
AS_SET, AGGREGATOR} combinations.

Out of the 477 routes with AS_SETs:
        *** Identifying Routes with AS_SET that seem meaningless or malformed
***
        # Routes with only one AS in AS_SET : 383
        # Routes with Reserved ASN in AS_SET : 131
        # Routes with common AS in the AS_SEQUENCE and AS_SET : 139
        # Routes with repeated ASes in the AS_SET : 0
        # Routes that are /24 prefix (aggregate) announcements : 239
        Total # Routes that seem meaningless or malformed : 456

        Total # Routes that seem meaningful : 21

        Distribution of # unique ASes in the AS_SET : 1:383, 2:68, 3:14, 4:5,
5:2, 6:3, 23:1, 31:1

        # Routes with AS_SET where AGGREGATOR does not match the right most AS
in AS_SEQUENCE : 47

        # Routes with unique {prefix, AS_SET, AGGREGATOR} : 469
        # Routes with unique {prefix, AS_SET} : 455

*** When there is an AGGREGATOR but no AS_SET ***
        # Unique prefixes (with or without AS_SET) : 826535
        # Unique prefixes without AS_SET but with AGGREGATOR: 75698
        % Unique prefixes without AS_SET but with AGGREGATOR: 9.158%

Sriram