Hi,

So I reread this discussion and have one more question .. .

Abstract says:

*To allow operators to take well informed decisions on which prefixesare
carrying anycast traffic this document proposes a well-known BGPcommunity
to denote this property.*

Cool - but how is this decision going to be instantiated in the router ?

Effectively to make use of this community (provided all good marking and
good will of transits) you need to have some hooks in your local BGP
implementations to allow for multipath selection when at least one received
prefix is marked with such community.

Of course if someone already enables ebgp or ibgp multipath for all
prefixes there is nothing to do here, but if you are generally just
selecting a single best path and doing hot potato routing I am missing how
any operator will  (or can) actually use this community effectively.

Cheers,
Robert