Hi James,

I had a look through the data Robert generated, it seem like there is
> probably quite a lot that could be filtered in the DFZ.


Oh indeed. And on IDR we are discussing Jeff's attribute escape. I posted
yesterday another interactive html doc listing what attributes should be on
a per AFI/SAFI basis.

Maybe this could be useful for you. Attached below (I also shared this to
IDR yesterday).

I also generated a more comprehensive table (also with per AFI/SAFI)
selection to list which address familiy given attribute belongs to. So also
attaching it here.

I agree that it would be perhaps helpful to turn those into formal IANA
registry - so it would be always up to date for operators to fetch and
apply in their outbound and inbound BGP policies. `

Thx,
Robert

Reverse BGP attribute lookup: for a selected AFI/SAFI, shows which BGP path attributes should never be sent.

Type Attribute name Reason excluded RFC / Draft

BGP Path Attributes per IANA registry bgp-parameters-2, with AFI/SAFI applicability and defining RFCs.

All AFI/SAFI All (generic) IPv4 IPv6 VPN/MPLS L2VPN EVPN BGP-LS Flowspec
Type Attribute name Flags AFI / SAFI applicability RFC / Draft
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to