Hello All ,

I would like feedback on a BMP statistics issue that appears to be missing from 
the current discussion.

There are several ways to represent the same class of object in BMP today: 
per-instance gauge values scoped by AFI/SAFI, RD, EVPN instance, or 
route-change policy.
A collector that wants to support all of these may end up needing multiple 
incompatible parsers for essentially the same operational concept.
This is already being discussed in parallel emails chains and this the gap I am 
trying to address with the following drafts:


  *
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saumthimma-evpn-ip-binding-sync/
  *
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dikshit-grow-bmp-rd-scoped-rib-stats/
  *
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smc-grow-bmp-route-change-stats/

This is an ask for review comments on the direction:

  *
whether a common instance-scoped / RD-scoped BMP statistics structure is the 
right approach, and whether the statistics ecosystem needs a shared pattern 
before these extensions proliferate.

I would especially value feedback from people working on:

- BMP statistics
- BMP data models
- EVPN and VPN RIB reporting
- route-change and policy-driven telemetry

If the WG thinks a common pattern is useful, I would be happy to align the 
drafts around that structure.
If not, It would be great to know about it now, than discovering it  later.

Thanks.
Saumya Dikshit
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to