Thanks for the reply.

> And would it be possible for you to upgrade your gRPC library and try to
reproduce this?
I didn't see any similar issue (marked fixed or not) in
https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues; we were hoping the community could
confirm whether this has been observed and fixed already but went
unreported in github.

> v1.36.4 is over a year old, and a fair handful of bug fixes have gone in
since then.
We're using the still experimental TLSCredentials so every version bump is
non-trivial, and we've already found fixed a number of core bugs
ourselves, so it'll be a while before we're upgrading again in production.

> Regarding that, are you able to reproduce the conditions in which the
failure occurs, or are they maybe not fully understood? e.g., run a local
DNS server for testing, and modify its records.
Yeah, the exact conditions are not well understood, but almost certainly
happening during a restart of the local caching dnsmasq server due to
intermittent connection loss.