> There were plenty of messages processed for few days, and all of a sudden
this exception breaks the connection.

Is it possible some new clients (esp clients using another gRPC language)
are now connecting which is why you are seeing this error?

> What does it mean, and how can be solved?

Can you enable debug/trace logging to see the value of the "grpc-encoding"
header for the offending RPC? That will give us some idea whether you need
to use a custom decompressor registry.