The gRPC framework like most frameworks is user space based

Assuming a Linux like os, so to relay rpcs from/to kernel the communication need to go through a user space.

Not sure on which side is kernel: client or server ? But the principle remains the same:

User space and kernel applications could communicate in many ways:
Ioctl is once simple way:

And depending on the type of communication eBPF could be more suitable ?

The advantage of eBPF is already present in Linux kernel and not kernel modification is required, you will need to learn it as it has its own language but c like compilers and tool kit are available

Basem