On 29/01/2010, Georgy Buranov <georgy.bura...@acronis.com> wrote:
> > ?????????????????? What about chainloading in grub2? Does it support
>
> > EFI loader? Particularly, I want to load Windows Boot Manager (in term of
>  > EFI that's EFI file) from GRUB?
>

> > On Apple EFI I can chainload just fine, this should be no different on UEFI.
>

> What do you mean by chainloading in case of UEFI? For example, I got EFI
> System Partition and 3 OS Loaders there (eLilo, GRUB2 and Windows Boot
> Manager).
>
>  /EFI/Boot/GRUB/bootx64.efi
>  /EFI/Boot/eLilo/bootx64.efi
>  /EFI/Boot/Microsoft/bootx64.efi
>
>  I need a way to load both Boot Manager and eLilo for grub. Can you please
> show me the example of config file?

The command to use is chainloader or similar (as opposed to the
'linux' command used to load a Linux kernel) and it takes the name of
other .efi image as the parameter. You can try it in the grub
commandline.

If you want to put that in a menu look at the existing config and the
scripts in your distro that generate it. Editing the config file is
generally useless as it is usually generated by a script.

>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ?????????????????? If it possible to exit grub with EFI ERROR to process
>  > next loader?
>  >

>  > Exiting grub is in itself an error, an OS loader should never end.
>  > So look for some quit command.
>

> Why? I think it was in old BIOS times. EFI was a boot order concept, in one
> loader is failed, another one is trying to boot.

If the boot loader exited it has obviously not loaded any OS hence it
has failed.

Thanks

Michal