I understand that Chris typed the wrong directory.  Instead of mis it
should have been misc.

I also found I did not have the package unifont installed.

I installed unifont, and now I have the file in the misc folder:

 locate unifont.pcf.gz
/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/unifont.pcf.gz

However when I run this command I receive an error that I cannot generate
24x24 font size.

# grub-mkfont -s 24 -o unicode.pf2 /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/unifont.pcf.gz
grub-mkfont: error: can't set 24x24 font size.

Do I need a package to generate these font sizes, if so, which ones?

Thanks,

DR