On Feb 15, 2008 10:46 PM, Mike (mwester) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike (mwester) wrote:
> > I think it's time for another attempt to address a long-standing
> > problem with the Neo and the current software.  Specifically, the way
> > it works right now, no matter how you shut down the GTA01, the GSM
> > modem is left powered up and running (it's wired up internally in such
> > a fashion that even when the kernel powers off the CPU and all else
> > that it can on the circuit board, the GSM modem continues to run).
> [snip]
>
> Well, that was interesting.  Not much response, so I take it that this
> isn't a particularly important item for most people.
>
> I'll just drop this then; my proposed solution didn't get any good
> reviews first time around, and based on the lack of interest, I don't
> see any real point in re-opening that controversy.  However, when
> openmoko gets around to resolving this problem, I'll be interested to
> see how the "official" solution is implemented.  Until then, keep those
> Neos plugged in!

Of course it's important.  Maybe just a case that nobody knows who has
responsibility for this, but everybody's hoping that somebody is on
the case.

Where do you want to put that [EMAIL PROTECTED] command?  gsmd should send it
whenever it receives certain signals (like SIGTERM etc.) right?  Can
you just go ahead and commit this change?