Ah - I understand now. That makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation.

________________________________

        From: gsoap@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gs...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Robert van Engelen
        Sent: 08 May 2009 17:29
        To: gsoap@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [gsoap] Re: underscores

        The XML -> C/C++ mapping introduces some notational conventions
for identifier naming, since XML tag names are clearly more expressive
than C/C++ identifiers.

        All special character codes, including Unicode, are translated
to _x#### codes by wsdl2h.

        The exception are hyphens in XML and XML schema tag names, since
these are quite common in XML and far more common than underscores. A
hyphen is mapped to a '_' by wsdl2h. So XML schemas with hyphenated tags
produces "clean" C/C++ identifiers.

        Unfortunately, the increased use of tools that map '_' to '_' in
XML has increased the occurrences of underscores in XML schema, which
IMHO is ugly and unnecessary.

        There is no mechanism to turn this off in wsdl2h, and it should
not since we need to be able to map the more expressive XML tags to
C/C++ identifier names.

        If you don't like the _USCORE, you can always use a couple of
#defines to rename them any way you like in your code, e.g.

        #define pretty_foobar foo_USCOREbar

        Cheers,

        - Robert

        --- In gsoap@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gsoap%40yahoogroups.com> ,

<http://www.dai.co.uk>  <http://www.dai.co.uk/ <http://www.dai.co.uk/> >

        > The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the
Internet. DAI