Dear Marlous,
Thanks a lot for your prompt response (in fact, 2nd time this week). I
agree with you. I already did that as well and could get the Prediction
and variances maps.  BUT this paragraph at Page 14 of the manual under
the heading "variogram maps'  is little confusing to me and I just
wanted to get some clarification.

With regards,
Shakil

Marlous van der Meer wrote:

> Hai,
>
> Your command file is not defined correctly. The command file placed
>  underneath looks something like your file must look like. Concerning
> the outcome maps, kriging provides you with a predictions and a
> variance map, but you have to define them in the command fiel. Add to
> the command file the following 2 statements:
>
> -------------------------
> data(back): 'sukho_subasc.eas', x=1, y=2, v=3;
> variogram(back): 'back.est': 2626.14 Nug(0) + 5126.29 Sph(60.9673);
> mask: 'sukho_sub_mask.map';
>
> predictions (back):     tmp.prd;
> variances(back):    tmp.var;
> --------------------------
>
> Also remove the method and second variogram statement
> (variogram(back): 'back.map';) in your command file. These are not
> necessary.
>
> Run gstat again and if everything goes well you will get 2 outcome
> maps.
>
> Hope it works!
> good luck!

             SHAKIL AHMAD ROMSHOO,
   MUSHIAKE LAB., IIS, UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO,
 B Building, 4-6-1, Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Tel. No.: Lab; +81-3-5452-6001 ex. 58040,
Fax: +81-3-5452-6383, Residence;  +81-489-58-0204