Dear Gstat users,

I have a problem while trying to cross-validate my cokriging results:

my predictions file is like this:

data(a):'a.txt',x=1,y=2,z=3,v=6;
data(b):'b.txt',x=1,y=2,z=3,v=6;
merge a with b;

variogram(a): .........;
variogram(b):  ..........;
variogram(a,b): ...........;
mask: 'xxx.asc';
set zmap= ###;
predictions(a): 'aaa.asc';

It works perfectly, but when I try to cross-validate results automatically with GSTAT with such a program:

data(a):'a.txt',x=1,y=2,z=3,v=6;
data(b):'b.txt',x=1,y=2,z=3,v=6;
merge a with b;

variogram(a): ..........;
variogram(b):  ..........;
variogram(a,b): ............;

set xvalid=1;
set output = 'a2.txt';
the program returns me the following error message:

"chfactor.c", line 130: singular matrix in function LDLfactor()

where is the error? Can you send me the text of a command file for cross-validation that worked?

further information:
- I'm working on a win'98 platform.
- I tried to see in the mailing-list archive. If I put the command set output = 'xvalid.out'; GSTAT returns a xvalid.out file with usual predictions and variances , and the same happens with the command line gstat -o xvalid.out xvalid.txt (my command file).

Thank you very much for your help.

Daniele Iannuzzo