Peter, I can reproduce your bug, and it seems to be something with
gnuplot 3.7.3, which appears not to produce a fit.log file. With gnuplot
3.7.2 (under linux) everything works fine for me.

Does anyone have an older gnuplot version that does the
fitting for gstat?
--
Edzer

Peter von Bertoldi wrote:

Dear list,
A while ago, with some older gstat/gnuplot version I could fit a variogram
model using WLS [gnuplot], weights n(h) or WLS [gnuplot], weights
n(h)/mod(h)^2 and get a fit.log file (I think that was the name) with some
stats in it.

Now, with  gstat 2.4.1 (12 March 2003) and  G N U P L O T Version 3.7
patchlevel 3 (the newest one) I get the following error message at the
bottom of the gstat window:
Warning: can't find fit.log -- get gnuplot 3.7 from www.gnuplot.info The
rest of the fitting methods work well, as the plotting.

As always gstat and gnuplot are on the same directory. Did I miss something?
Has somebody else encountered the same problem and wish to share the
solution? Or this gnuplot does not fit anymore?

Thanks for your help

Peter von Bertoldi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
228 Richards Building Phone: (519) 824-4120 x 54264
University of Guelph Fax: (519) 824-5730
GUELPH, Ontario Canada, N1G 2W1 http://www.lrs.uoguelph.ca/