Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Globus 5.0.0 on 2 Xubuntu virtual machines, following
the quickstart tutorial [1]. Everything goes about fine while installing the
first machine, but when I'm on section 2.4 - installing GridFTP on the
second machine [2], and, following the tutorial, I try to test GridFTP after
installing it by transfering some files between the 2 machines, I encounter
an error:

qu...@chiros:/home/chiros/Desktop$ globus-url-copy gsiftp://chiros/etc/group
> \ gsiftp://tellus/tmp/
>
> error: [globus_gass_copy_get_url_mode]: globus_url_parse returned error
> code: -3 for url:  gsiftp://tellus/tmp/group

I thought it might be something wrong with the command, so I tried removing
the '\':

qu...@chiros:/home/chiros/Desktop$ globus-url-copy gsiftp://chiros/etc/group
> gsiftp://tellus/tmp/
>
> error: globus_ftp_client: the server responded with an error
> 530 Must perform GSSAPI authentication.

I can't figure out what's the problem. Does anyone have an idea what might
be the problem?

FYI: the hostname of the first machine installed is "tellus", and the second
machine's hostname is "chiros". There's no firewall between them, they're
both VirtualBox's VMs running on the same host (a Mac OS X Leopard). They
can both ping each other.

[1] http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/5.0/5.0.0/admin/quickstart
[2]
http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/5.0/5.0.0/admin/quickstart/#q-gridftp2
--
Francisco Miranda Soares Nt.
[ Graduando em Engenharia da Computação - Departamento de Sistemas e