Hi Gabriel,

Though users can execute binaries in /usr/local, root permissions are
needed to write there, which can be verified with ls -ld /usr/local -
thus the need for sudo when building in /usr/local. (Of course this is
not needed when building in home.)

As for running gsissh with sudo, try running it with the full path to
it. However, this seems to indicate ~/.bashrc may be missing the
environmentals for Globus, which are described in Chapter 5, "1. Set
environment variables":

http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/5.0/5.0.4/admin/install/#id2528388

Pete