Hello Nikolaus,

> Well, this will give 99% of the time false positives, at least
initially.

yes, indeed! That is called apprentice's due. Or a German word translated
in English: If you do planing, you'll produce shavings.

> My key argument is that it may not be possible to learn by trial and
error how to distinguish
> because the distinguishing information is missing...

Here's a little difference between us both: I know exactly for what I'm
searching for. But no more comment to this.

> To give a specific example: how can a current consumption detector or RF
activity measurement distinguish
> between a cell handover which leaks 2-3 bytes private data from one
without sending that. IMHO, a good
> detector should be able to report exactly that.

In this case you need some completely different detectors, located
additionally outside of the phone. But no more comment.

> Therefore I believe (yes it is also a believe :-) more in encryption
technology than the extra hardware planned for the Neo900.

This believe is not justified. We all know Moore’s law. As long as this is
still valid, everything that will be encrypted today can be decrypted
later.

> On the other hand, what Outlook does the Linux kernel have?

Regularly fixed release dates! Never underestimate this! I talked about
synchronizing individual fun experiences.

OpenMoko / QtMoko:

Thank you for your detailed history lesson!

Best regards
   Sven