On further investigation, it seems that adding the tag is useful after
all. Journals for different types of GTD tiddlers (Projects, Actions,
regular tiddlers) are created with different titles (Journal + the
date, or just the date).

The proper fix for this would be to standardize the journal tiddler
titles creation, which I will do for my mGTD at some point. It would
also be a good idea >not< to use a camelcase or otherwise unique word
for this: searching for 'journal' pulls up every time I've used the
word :/

Alternately, adding the extra tag works, though it is more
counter-intuitive. I'm leaving it stuck in mine until I have the extra
time to examine the Journal creating code.

Jon