I guess you should do what works for you, but I believe the folder you
mention with days for a month is more of a complimentary thing to the
GTD system and is used for *physical* date specific stuff, e.g
physical theatre tickets, bills and similar.

I think the main idea to categorize things in GTD is by context rather
than e.g project or date. Projects are more for review and ticklers
and calendars are for time specific stuff.

But ooookay - if you insist on a day specific solution, I guess you
could use a fET command (forEachTiddler - do a search for this plugin)
and make it list things tagged with certain weekdays and 'action' and
not 'done' etc etc. You could have a single widdler containing one
such fET for each week day and each embedded in sliders
(NestedSlidersPlugin tiddlytool.com)

A problem you will probably hit upon is that actions are typically not
"specified" enough in mGDT - i.e it is not possible to tell if an
action is part of an active or inactive project. This is something
I've struggled with myself (for another issue) and I decided to just
now post a simplified question on this on the TW board;

http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/81e8c4a288c2a06c