Hello,

At some point in the past, I realized that 95% of my next actions were
attached to the context '@work'. I did try to split that in several
contexts like '@computer:online', '@computer:offline' and '@office' to
account for the fact that I sometimes work from office, from home
(both with internet access) and sometimes while commuting without
internet access. However this was not enough to reduce the amount of
next actions in '@computer:online' (still in the 85% range).

Therefore I decided to experiment the multiple-context capabilities of
mGTD, and to throw in a few more contexts which are not location
based, in parallel of the ones listed above.
I tried using for example a '@criticalPath' for actions which will
delay other people's work if I do not respect my deadlines, a
'@today' (that I daily updated) to mark items I wanted to do during
the day (thus making a daily to-do list...), etc... In the end, what I
did was having two sets of contexts, one for 'priorities' and the
other one for 'physical location', and I used the intersection of the
two to reduce the number of actions I have to choose from each day.

I also tried when applicable to reduce the number of next actions per
project to 1, only keeping as active the one with the highest
'priority', and moving the others to 'future', even if it was possible
to do them immediately.

I do not know if such ideas will be compatible with your environment,
but what is great is that both GTD and MonkeyGTD give you a very broad
capacity to experiment :)

Best regards,

Frederic