As they say what ever works for you is the main thing.

I found your contexts interesting I thought I'd throw mine in also.
@assign
@car_ride (I ride share with someone and I use this to flag something
for the ride from or to work.)
@digital_camera
@errands
@home
@home_basement
@home_calls
@home_computer
@home_garage
@home_office
@home_outside
@home_reading
@home_shop
@home_waiting
@home_yak
@sub-project    I have some projects also as  actions
@work_calls
@work_computer
@work_non-computer
@work_shop
@work_waiting
@work_yak.

It seems what has worked for me has been improving my efficiency
running errands.  Pre-gtd I be very focused on one project.
Invariably,I need to run an errand to pick something up to finish it.
It seemed like I'd get one project done but then everything else piled
up.
It seems now, if its not that urgent, I tend  wait till I have my
errands lined up so I can knock off a bunch at once.  It works nice.
I still have a lot of projects though (186 projects) (661 actions)

Also just a side note.. I found if I had a project that needed to get
done that wasn't getting done, the step was usually too big and needed
to be busted down into smaller digestible pieces.

My actions evolved the way they did since I'm using D3 and not Mgtd.
D3 as far as I know doesn't handle anything like realms (which is a
really sweet Mgtd feature.
Also, one thing I've been playing with lately is using multiple
context lately.  Say for example, I have something personal I want to
get done on the web, I'll tag the action @lunch or one my home
computer @home_computer

Say my daughter wants to use my office computer to play games but
would like my company also, time to knock of the @home_office tasks.

Also I find that busting actions to specific locations in the house
works for me.
I'm curious what other people use for contexts...  Anyone?