I use Chrome for local editing... I'm assuming you are local, versus
tiddlyspot or such.  My full notes on how to get it working with Chrome are
detailed in this
post<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gtd-tiddlywiki/Ik5v6LV7Kgk/5lbr9tllxOwJ>
and
a followup a few later in the same thread.

Quick version:
(1) Create a backup folder in the same folder as your mGSD file.  Name it
"twbackup" (that's the default... whatever you name it should be the same
as that listed in your mGSD preferences)
(2) Get TiddlySaver.jar and place it in the same folder as your mGSD file.
 You can find the latest version on the web by googling for it.
(3) Make sure your mGSD file has exactly 1 instance of the following code
snippet (if none, add...  if two, delete one...):

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
if(useJavaSaver)
    document.write("<applet style='position:absolute;left:-1px'
name='TiddlySaver' code='TiddlySaver.class' archive='TiddlySaver.jar'
width='1' height='1'></applet>");
//]]>
</script>

Hopefully, that will be enough to get it running locally with chrome!

~ Seann
p.s. I also run chrome with the following startup options:
 --enable-file-cookies --allow-outdated-plugins  .  I cannot remember if
they ever actually stopped mGSD from working, even though people claimed it
would, but I think for me they are there mostly to get chrome to stop
crying about java every time I run it. Decide on their usage at your own
peril. :)