I'm trying to understand the Signals in GObject and I have lot of
questions not covered by the doc:

1)  The text "when they register a closure to be invoked upon the
signal emission" is not clear what is it a "closure" or what is the
diference with a callback

2) if a signature for a callback is:

return_type function_callback (gpointer instance, ... , gpointer user_data);

How do I know If is it correct to have callback declaration: void
function_callback (GObjectMyObject *object, gboolen val, MyType type),
and how to create a new signal that sends the data needed by my
callback

3) There's no more information about "c_marshaller" parameter,  where
they are defined or witch I can use on a given situation. Does I need
to select a marshalled that fits my callback declaration to get the
correct data?

4) On the "Detail" section the text: "Their detailed_signal parameter
is a string which identifies the name of the signal to connect to",
then when I create (g_signal_new) a signal name do I need to use a
form: "signal_name::detail" not just "signal_name"? what about the
text "signal named notify::cursor_position will actually connect to
the signal named notify with the cursor_position name", this is
redundant and unclear, what will be the correct name of my signal?

2007/2/8, Stefan Kost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> hi,
>
> yesterday I committed a first batch of cleanups to the GObject docs.
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/index.html
>
> IMHO this is a crucial documentation for the GNOME platform and it can
> be improved further. Marc-Andre Lureau and Zeeshan Ali already joined
> in the quest to improve this. What I like to ask you is to reply to
> this mail and tell us what you don't understand yet, point out parts
> that can be improved, let us know if there are some nagging concerns
> about the way GObject works. Are there details that should be
> explained by a picture?
>
> If possible then please checkout the latest version and base your
> feedback on that one:
>    svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/glib/trunk glib
>    cd glib
>    ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/test
>    make
>    cd docs/reference/gobject
>    evince html/index.html &
> you don't need to install it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stefan

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)