Le lundi 26 novembre 2007 à 12:04 +0100, Dan H a écrit :
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:03:14 +0100
> Tomas Carnecky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Am I limited with C?
> > No, there are very few features in C++ that are hard/impossible to
> > imitate in C, but you usually won't need those for small projects.
>
> In fact the GObject library (on which GTK is based) is an example of
>  how full object-orientation can be achieved in C. Of course other C++
>  features like templates, operator overloading (ugh!) and namespaces
>  are unique.

This is totally a blocker for beginners. I've been doing some GNOME for
years and i've never wrote any gobject thing because it didn't worth to
waste time on it.

> If you want to use C++ with GTK you can do so through gtkmm which, if
>  I'm not mistaken, is essentially a wrapper around the assorted C
>  libraries. So you end up with two redundant layers of
>  object-orientation on top of each other which doesn't hurt a bit but
>  which I find conceptually so abhorrent that, if I'd want to write C++
>  GUI apps, I'd use Qt.

C is a kind of subset of C++, if you want to use GTK+ from C++, you can
do it exactly the same way.
--
Benoît Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/