Hello, Jim!

> Hi Konstantin:
>
> I wrote to the list earlier to say that I could reproduce the problem that
> you have identified.  I am using MAC Yosemite 10.10 in a VirtualBox VM.
>
> To investigate further, I created a new Yosemite VM and installed MacPorts,
> Xcode, Xcode tools, and then ran "port install gtk3 +quartz" and "port
> install gtkmm3 +quartz".  After this, running the gtk3-demo program showed
> the same problem that you encountered.
>
> When I look at your YouTube video of the gtk3-demo program, I see that you
> have a different theme than the default compiled Adwaita theme.  I was
> wondering exactly how you installed the dark theme that you were using?

The dark theme is enabled if you set the GTK_THEME environment
variable in the following way:
GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark

> I have been using gtk3 and gtkmm3 to create software for a coffee roasting
> company.  I note that in my software, I have exactly the same problem that
> you have found.  I just never noticed it before! :-)
>
> I am not an expert on the Gtk3 and Gtkmm3 libraries.  But maybe if we keep
> working on it, a solution will appear.

Yes, I am not a gtk3 expert a well, but I hope that this issue will
get resolved. At least I hope to attract attention of GTK developers.
^__^

> It would be good to verify that this
> problem occurs on a "real" MAC and not just on a virtual machine.

I have one report from the user who have experienced the same issue on
the real (non-virtual) machine -
http://www.synfig.org/issues/thebuggenie/synfig/issues/810
But it's better to double-check, of course. I haven't got confirmation
from the bugreporter that the issue is the same...

Also, I can provide the dmg package with the compiled binary, so
anyone can test if the issue happens on the real Mac as well -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/synfig/files/releases/1.0-RC1/osx/synfigstudio-1.0-rc1.dmg/download

BTW, is it OK to forward this message to gtk-app mailing list, maybe
it will be interesting to others?

Best Regards,
Konstantin