Rodrigo Moya wrote:
[...]
 > rather than GtkApplication/GtkUniqueApplication, I guess it would make
 > more sense to have a "unique" property on the GtkApplication class.

I actually had the very same impression :)

> in fact, if we want to make it easier for the user to create windows
> with toolbars and menus, why don't we add convenience functions to
> GtkWindow and leave GtkApplication as an 'application management class',
> to deal with initialization, list of windows, list of open documents,
> access to session management and any other desktop operations, etc, etc?

That could be a route to explore - I think its really important to
keep GtkWindow really simple in that respect though - it could be
a dialog - it could be a popup window, a popup menu - or even a tooltip,
So I would suggest that if we bind such logic into GtkWindow - making
it some kind of hybrid composite widget - we should definitly do
that in a GtkAppWindow subclass (that could be then used by the
GtkApplication in question).

Cheers,
                -Tristan