On 2/26/07, Alexander Larsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 14:18 +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> > > I agree with you, but I'd like to hear Nikolai's take on it too.
> >
> > I agree with both of you.
> >
> > Perhaps we need another variable in the specification mentioned, such
> > as XDG_MOUNT_HOME that defaults to ~/.local/mount or similar.
>
> I really think we should default to something directly in ~/ so that an
> "up" operation doesn't get you to some weird hidden place. However,
> honoring an env var sounds ok. (Of course, there is the risk that all
> apps won't be honoring the env var.)

Well, can't the location of the directory be hidden in the interface?
That is, provide a "Mounts" icon/location in the file dialogs /
nautilus and let "up" from there take you to ~/ whatever the actual
location of the directory may be.  And for the second concern, any
applications not honoring the environment variable would be considered
broken.

  nikolai