Hi Debmalya,

Do not use automatic initialisation in variables with the extern attribute.

Initialise a.data by assignment in main().
This is not the whole story but then your example code is not exactly what
you tried to compile!

(calling cal() in main() ) but defining call in call.c never-the-less you
get the idea)

Leon