Am Dienstag 16 Januar 2007 18:35 schrieb zentara:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:21:30 +0100
>
> Ben Staude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> This typically happens when you don't return control the main loop.
> >> Does your program respond at all while it's supposed to be pulsing?
> >
> >I am using this as test code (was posted by zentara here:
> >http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk-perl-list@gnome.org/msg00854.html):

[ snip code ]

> >This test script does work as expected on another Linux machine (running
> >Debian Sarge with KDE), but the progressbar looks different (more like
> > gnome, whereas on Kubuntu (where it doesn't work), they have some KDE
> > integration of gtk and therefor a KDE progressbar).
> >
> >> You might also try setting the pulse step.  The default is 0.1, but
> >> you may need a different value for some reason or another.  Difficult
> >> to tell without more information.
> >
> >Maybe the code above helps sorting out programming issues (as the test
> > script isn't mine:-)). Besides this, I don't know in which direction to
> > search for the cause or provide information? Maybe someone on the list
> > can run the test script on their Kubuntu to find out whether it's related
> > to that?
> >
> >Thanks a lot,
> >Ben
>
> I just ran the example, on my linux box, and it pulses very fast. If I set
> the timer interval to 1 (very fast), it seems to sputter. So my thought is
> that with all the KDE bloat in kbuntu, running the timer at 10, is too fast
> for the system to update the screen, so it appears not to work.

I agree that there might be some "KDE bloat", but it's not *that* bad;-)

> Try setting the timer to 100,  500, or even 1000 and see if kbuntu can
> keep up.

I set the timer to different values (from 5 to 5000), it still doesn't work.
The CPU is idle, the system is completely reactive. This is including the
test dialog, where the Quit-button has the same "hover"-effect as the other
kde buttons. Only the progressbar does not seem to do anything at all...

> zentara

Ben