On 17/11/2009 10:35, Axel Simon wrote:
> That is up to Pete, esp. on how much time he has. I have no access to a
> Windows machine and, in fact, no experience with Duncan's installer
> script. So you want an install *now* or in a few weeks time?

The sooner the better, but we can work around it in the meantime.  It
just means that it's a bit more fiddly to install ThreadScope on Windows
- we can't just recommend people install the Haskell Platform.

> If I understood your email about the threading issue correctly, you use
> -threaded for your ThreadScope application. Thus, I really need to fix
> the GC issue before you can ship ThreadScope, is that correct?

We can switch to using the non-threaded RTS for the time being, it's not
a big deal at the moment.  In the future we'd like to make more use of
-threaded though.

Cheers,
        Simon