Hi Axel,

Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> Hi Jens, Andy,
>
> thanks, Jens, for adjusting the INSTALL file!
>
> On May 22, 2010, at 17:14, Andy Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi Jens,
>>
>> Jens Petersen <peter...@haskell.org> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> So how about this pair of patches? :)
>> Nice documentation!
>> I have apply it, thanks! :)
>>
>> Axel, please fix "Building on Windows" part when you finish Windows
>> Installer.
>
> I will not build a Windows installer. The major reason to go through the
> hassle of cabalizing the
> packages is to not have to build Windows  installers anymore!
Ok, I see.

> But I can document how to install Gtk+ and Gtk2Hs on a Windows machine. I'll
> add something to Jens'
> documentation. However, I'm not  sure what should happen to the INSTALL file.
> Should this move to..
> uh.. glib maybe? Or do I just copy and paste it to the Gtk2Hs webpage?  I
> mean, no casual user will
> ever see the INSTALL file in the repository.
Maybe we need add "gtk2hs-buildtools >= 0.9" in "build-depends" of
glib.cabal?

Then user can install all core-packages by "cabal install gtk", and
don't need bootstrap.sh, possible?

BTW, looks you have finish Windows job, it's ready to release?
Then i can help you split non-core packages,
and i need send more patches after you release gtk2hs-0.11. :)

Cheers,

  -- Andy