Good evening !

Following my previous thread on xfconf and GObject management,
I've looked at the Pixbuf memory leak (bug #1202).

(...some darcs, ghc-pkg unregister and cabal install later ...)

Simply replacing constructNewGObject in the pixbuf functions
(pixbufNew, pixbufScaleSimple, ...) by a new "wrapNewGObject"
which does NOT ref or refSink the object seems to solve the
memory leak.

But, it only works with the GHC option "-threaded". If I compile
with lightweight/buildin GHC threading system, I still have
the *same* memory issue.

Attached is a short graph of the Resident Set Size memory
consumption for a test program (pixbufNew & loop on
pixbufScaleSimple) showing 4 results, with or without the
"-threaded" compile option and with `constructNewGObject` (aka
trunk) or `wrapNewGObject` (aka wrap)

So, how should I understand the situation ? Is this a known bug
in my GHC (version 6.12.1) or something else ? I thought that
compiling with or without the '-threaded' option should not alter
the result of the program.

I prefer to ask for advice now before replacing tens of
`constructNewGObject` by a new buggy function.

regards,
/John