The more I looked at the gtk3 support we had so far, the more
uncomfortable I got with how different the interfaces were. Since it's
not really possible for a cabal package to depend on a compilation flag,
I feel like the right thing to do is to split gtk2 and gtk3 support into
separate packages. I've begun doing this, and I encourage interested
readers to pull the latest sources and try it out.

There is at least one unfortunate drawback to this: there is now a
pretty fair amount of code duplication between the "gtk" and "gtk3"
packages. Ideas on how to handle this are welcome.

...in fact, just generally all feedback on this split is welcome. =)
~d