I thought that is what you had on your bike at the Mid-Atlantic get
together.  The MEZ4's are a zero degree steel belted radial tire with a
soft compound.  The idea is to use a bunch of steel belts to cool the
tire down to extend mileage, and to get great grip by using the soft-ish
compound.  I like mine alot and will have run three sets of these whereas
I have never run another model of tire a second time until these.
Other's have said that they have problems with the MEZ4 sliding on wet
surfaces, I have not had this problem.  I have felt them slip a couple
times on tar strips, but was able to sustain 65mph + on the Blue Ridge
Parkway in the rain (albeit with full luggage adding weight to the rear
tire.)
Louis
P.S.  This is only my understanding of the tire technology, I am sure
there is something on the metzeler web site about them.    Try
www.metzeler.com    That extra E kills everyone  :)