I personally use Mobil 1, and stick to 3000 mile changes.  I will probably
change to AMSOIL S2000 20w-50 soon, but most likely will stick to the same
change schedule.  My GTS is too dear to me to skimp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry S. Winokur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 10:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Synthetic Oil

> better under all circumstances AND allow extended drain intervals. Triumph
> DOES require full synthetic in their T595. Full synthetics
> lubricate so well
> that you should stay away from them during engine break in. The
> evidence is

Say what you will about synthetics, but I like em for one reason (not to
mention the ones Kevin already has): long drain intervals.  I prefer to ride
my bike rather than worry about (and waste my limited riding time) doing
maintenance chores that can better be done when I can't ride--like in
February.  That's why I put the Scott Oiler on.  One less maintenance item.
Changing the oil is another.  However, I will not be changing to AMSOIL
synthetics in the GTS until I have at least 6K miles on it... and I'm not
quite up to 3000.

Henry S. Winokur
'87 Concours, '94 GTS 1000
AMA Lifer, COG #39, MRF, MSF/MD MSP Certified Instructor
West Bethesda, MD